What Is A Text Message?
What Does It Mean To Opt-In?
Your customers Opt-In to your list by either filling out a web-based form or by sending a text message with your Keyword to our 8338710910 thereby giving you permission to send them text messages.
What Does It Mean To Opt-Out?
Your customers can Opt-Out of your list by replying to any text message you send them with the word STOP. From time to time you must include the following notice within your marketing messages: Opt-out:txt Keyword STOP to your ten digit phone number. Help:txt HELP to your ten(10) digit phone number. Max 7msgs/wk.
Who Regulates Text Messaging?
- Consumers must ‘Opt-in’ to a Short Code program from their mobile device before they can be sent anything. Even an initial message that asks for permission is considered SPAM.
- Consumers must ‘double’ opt-in (confirm their intent to subscribe by replying YES) to any program that charges fees. T-Mobile also requires a double opt-in for any program that is recurring – even standard rated marketing and alerts.
- All subscription services with recurring messages (even standard rated programs) must provide the “Frequency” during the Opt-In confirmation. For example: “Max 8x/mth”.
- All subscription services with recurring messages (even standard rated programs) must contain “Rply STOP 2End Msgs” in each and every message.
- All programs must support the universal commands STOP, QUIT, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE, STOP ALL, and HELP.
How Can I Promote My SMS Text Messaging Service To My Customers?
Your campaign message to consumers should be simple and can be added to the promotions you are already running! Simply add the text, ‘Join ABCD’s VIP Club To Find Out About Upcoming Events. Send the Word ABCD to your ten (10) digit phone number Now!’ Some popular examples of ways you can promote and build your Opt-in list can be found here.