Mutual SMS recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of information we may collect from you and we are committed to using our best efforts to respect your privacy. The following states how we handle information we learn about you from your visit to the Mutual SMS Web site.
The Ways We Use Information
We receive and store information you enter on the Mutual SMS Web site or give to us and we may use such information, including your name, mailing address and Email address, for several purposes:
- To process, fulfill and notify you of your Mutual SMS orders and status
- To send you the latest information about our company, events, sales, and product specials
- To send you current information about Merchant promotions that you have opted into
- To send you catalogs or marketing information via U.S. Mail and Email
From time to time we collect personal information from Business Users, Network Members and our Independent Business Affiliates (IBA’s). We may use and disclose such personal information about members and IBA’s only for the following purposes:
- Processing your Membership or IBA Application
- Developing Network Genealogy Reports
- Providing Network and IBA services
- Facilitating IBA meetings and training
- Administering Membership and IBA benefits
- Developing and implementing policies and business procedures, marketing plans and business strategies
- Publishing personal information in newsletters, promotional materials and network communications
- Complying with applicable laws and regulatory requirements and assisting with any governmental or police investigation.
We may ask that you voluntarily provide demographic information, such as postal code, age or income level. All responses are kept confidential and used for internal marketing and statistical purposes only.
The Privacy of Children
We do not solicit personal information from or market to children under the age of 13 and we do not wish to obtain personally identifiable information from children who are using our site unsupervised. Thus, we ask children to obtain the consent of their parent or guardian before providing us with any personally identifiable information and request that parents provide adequate supervision of their children’s online and cell phone usage activities. Check out the FTC’s website for many helpful tips about protecting your children’s privacy online.
To ensure we are publishing content customers need and want, Mutual SMS collects aggregated site-visitation statistics using cookies. We track individual use of the site to improve online content distribution to personalize your online experience. A cookie is placed on the customer’s machine (if the customer accepts cookies) upon enrolling as a member or when making an online purchase at Mutual SMS. Web beacons, also known as clear gif technology, or action tags, assist in delivering the cookie. This technology tells us how many visitors clicked on key elements (such as links or graphics) on any Mutual SMS Web page. We do not use this technology to access your personally identifiable information, it is a tool we use to compile aggregated statistics about Web site usage.
Trademark and Copyright Notice
Mutual SMS and other Third Party trademarks and copyrighted materials are contained on this Site, including trade names, logos, documents and software. You are only authorized to use this material for personal, non-commercial purposes, including downloading and printing of materials, provided this copyright permission notice is included in all such printed copies. No rights or licenses to the material or any portion thereof shall be granted or implied, and you may not modify the material in any way without the prior written permission of Mutual SMS. We and all associated companies enforce all intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law.
We have security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information you provide. When you place Mutual SMS orders or give us personal information, such as name, address, credit card information, banking information or social security number, you are automatically on secure servers. Secure server software encrypts the information you input before it is sent to protect your data against unauthorized access.
Links to Other Web sites
As a resource and convenience to our visitors, customers, members and IBA’s we provide links to other third party Merchants and other web sites which we believe are useful and meet our high standards. However, Mutual SMS is not responsible for the contents of such third party web sites. In particular, Mutual SMS is not responsible for the privacy notices or practices provided in such linked web sites.
We are not in the business of selling your personal information to third parties. We may share such information from time-to-time with the following third parties:
- Those employees, directors and managers of Mutual SMS and their associated companies that have a need to access your personal information in carrying out their responsibilities to our Network.
- Any agent, contractor, supplier, vendor or third party who provides administrative, advertising, printing or other services to Mutual SMS or its associated companies.
- Any government agency, police or regulatory authority within the United States or elsewhere in order to meet legal, security and regulatory requirements
- Any consultant or agent appointed by Mutual SMS or its associated companies to plan, provide and administer our Network Benefits Program.
The consent you have provided herein for Mutual SMS and associated companies to the use of your personal information shall also extend to any person or corporation to which Mutual SMS may transfer it’s business, provided that such personal information is used for the same purposes.
We provide you with the opportunity to receive future e-mail communications from us at the point where we initially request information from you. This gives you the option to remove your e-mail address from our database so that you do not receive any future Network mailings, communications or newsletters. You may request that your email address and any personal information collected by Mutual SMS be removed from our database at any time by sending an Email to: email@example.com
Access to Personal Information
You have the right to obtain from Mutual SMS all personal information on file about you and to request correction of any data that is inaccurate. You may also request that we inform you of the type of personal information maintained by Mutual SMS. Requests for access to and correction of personal data or information about Mutual SMS policies and procedures regarding personal data should be addressed in writing to:
202 Hunters Ridge Drive
Clinton, MS 39056-9407
To the attention of: [Network Privacy Affairs]
Telephone: (601) 201-2805
Fax: (800) 422-5172
If you feel that this site is not following its stated information policy, you may contact us at the the address or phone numbers shown herein or contact your state or local chapters of the Better Business Bureau or the Federal Trade Commission by phone at (202) 382-4357 or at their website.